Ever wish you could sew your mouth shut...?

>> Monday, January 22, 2007

I do, although in this case I wish I could tie my fingers together instead.

I made a comment on a fellow author's blog -- one I believe in, but one that was not so complimentary to a very well-known, well-loved author. Not that it would make a wit of difference to that author, of course. I'm non-existent in their world. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling of shame.

I try to be supportive and positive and thoughtful. Especially to upcoming writers. I give time to answer questions, offer advice and craft help, critique others' work, judge contests. Yet, I feel like all that good will has been wiped away by my one careless comment.

**Sigh**

I feel really lousy about it. Disappointed in myself, really. Regretful toward the author I infected with my negativity, sorry toward the community that had to be subjected to it.

In the big scheme, it was less than a blip on the radar. In my world, it was a wake-up call.

Have you ever said something you wish you could take back? Made a comment that seemed innocuous at the time but in retrospect you realized it could be taken wrong?

And, sometimes, I'm sorry just doesn't cut it. The words, the attitude is out there. Can't take it back.

I guess I'll just have to work extra hard to get my karma back in line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP