Inspiration

>> Monday, February 26, 2007

I really need it today. I had another hole drilled in my bucket.

"Only amateurs say that they write for their own amusement. Writing is not an amusing occupation. It is a combination of ditch-digging, mountain-climbing, treadmill and childbirth. Writing may be interesting, absorbing, exhilarating, racking, relieving. But amusing? Never!"

~~ Edna Ferber

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
~~ Scott Adams

"All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath."
~~ F. Scott Fitzgerald


"If you did not write every day, the poisons would accumulate and you would begin to die, or act crazy or both -- you must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."
~~ Ray Bradbury


"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
~~ Tom Clancy

6 comments:

Spy Scribbler 8:20 PM  

I needed some inspiration today! (I've been perpetually burnt out for a few months now. I guess today isn't new.) Thank you! I needed it!

Joan Swan 7:44 AM  

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. :-)

Elisa 9:02 AM  

Great quotes, J. Especially the last one. :)

Elisabeth Naughton 9:35 AM  

I love the second to last one.

Joan Swan 2:42 PM  

I especially relate to the Ray Bradbury quote...but they all felt very appropriate for the day.

Linda Winfree 4:07 PM  

Hugs, sweetie, for whatever it is!

And Bradbury and Fitzgerald! Two of my favorites. Bradbury has an awe-inspiring road-to-publication story. :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP