I haven't had one in...I seriously don't know when (and I'm truly not just saying that).
- The friend I spend most of my time with went away fro the weekend with her family.
- DD #2 has a by on her basketball schedule.
- DD #1 (aka the social butterfly) is off at a friend's house for the night.
- I sent off two bracelets that had been on order.
- I paid the bills.
- DH is home -- getting used to his new schedule, but that's a whole different post -- and he cleaned the house (well, the major stuff).
O.M.G. I'm not pressed for anything! What am I going to do with myself?
Write...right? That's really the only right answer. And, yes. I should. So, why is it that when you actually have time and space and silence to write, you don't want to?
I did write for three hours this morning. I've gone to the grocery store, surfed the internet, went to a movie, now I'm blogging. Um...I'm running out of ideas and it's only 5pm. I should excercise or just relax. I could oranize or do laundry or finish my friend's scarf. But I don't wanna do any of that.
I'm much more productive when I'm busy. Giving me downtime is giving me a license to do nothing-just till and toil until the time is gone and I'm mad at myself for wasting it. (I think there's some psychological problem in there somewhere.)
Also, a week or so ago, there was a hilarious blog on Paperback Writer that I've been meaning to link to. Again -- worth the read.
When you find yourself with these unexpected down-time blurps, what do you do with yourself? Better yet, what do you avoid doing?