Huh? What?

>> Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I think I sometimes think too deeply. Then again, maybe I'm just way off base and nobody has the heart to say so.

I posted what I thought was a rather insightful post on character over at RWKF today, but nobody has made any comments all day.

When I tackle a complicated issue like that, I often struggle to smooth out my thought process. There are so many tangents I could go off on to try and explain what I'm thinking. I often have to think and rethink, write and rewrite and article on a topic such as that one to get my point across. Alas, I also think I miss the wagon most of the time.

Guess it's a good thing I write fiction, huh? No instructional manuals or writing wisdom for me. But that's okay. My brain was wired for fiction, always wanding around other make-believe people's lives and dreaming up their stories.

Do you have trouble expressing ideas about complicated subjects or does your mind work in that linear fashion? Do you write better fiction or non-fiction?

4 comments:

Spy Scribbler 5:44 PM  

Keep reminding me when you post over there! I only remember to go to blogs when the posts show up in my feed reader. (Hint, hint ... and I hear that readership doubles when you install a feed, too ...)

Elisabeth Naughton 10:17 PM  

Don't second guess yourself! You know I'm computer-limited. I only just got online tonight. And I did comment. :)

Edie Ramer 5:15 AM  

I was busy writing last week and didn't blog hop. I should be writing right now. I'll check out your blog, although by now it might be two blogs. *g*

Laurie Wood 8:22 PM  

You write *very* insightful posts, so don't give up! Even if someone doesn't comment, doesn't mean they didn't get alot out of it, or read it. I should be writing, like Edie, but I'm busy blog hopping as my mind is mush.

Non-fiction is a talent that we all need to develop as writers so we can promote ourselves, and write those great query letters.

You have an agent, so you're more than halfway there! I love reading all your posts. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP