Just Life

>> Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I dropped my 13yo off at the train today to head home after the holiday. I'm working several more days here and she was a bit homesick for her friends and her pup and her own room. She's not good with goodbyes, and got teary-eyed before she got on the train.

As I walked back to the car with that familiar hollowed out feeling in my gut, I made a deep realization:

You spend the first half of your life holding on and the second half letting go.

In the first half of your life you hold on to:

  • Parents
  • Friends
  • Spouse
  • Kids
  • Jobs
  • Money
  • Status
  • Power
  • Control

In the last half of your life you learn to let go of:

  • Parents
  • Friends
  • Kids
  • Spouse
  • Jobs
  • Money
  • Status
  • Power
  • Control

Strange, isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP