Hero or Heroine...?

>> Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Which do you identify most with?

Recently, Elisabeth posted on RWKF about Who Falls First, the guy or the girl.

Today, I've been deep inside my characters--not an always-pleasant place to be--and, once again, I've found I know and understand my hero so much better than my heroine.

For me, it's always been that way--with every story.

What about you? Do you always identify with one of your characters (h/h) more? If so, what do you do to get closer to the character that's a touch more fuzzy?

3 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton 8:58 AM  

Probably the hero. And here's why: as a woman I know how I would react to certain situations. If the heroine in a book is very different from me, it's hard for me to relate to her. For example, weepy heroines are hard for me to relate to. Ones who are victims, who don't stand up for themselves, who are meek and timid. Takes me a lot longer to warm up to them. What heroines do I usually identify with? Sarcastic ones. Big surprise there, eh?

Fun topic, J.

Anonymous,  1:16 PM  

Joan,

I'm much more interested (usually, this last WIP, is changing this) in my hero. As a rule, the heroine just doesn't interest me much at all. lol

This is as both a reader and a writer. the hero is hands down the character I pick the book up for.

In the new WIP, though-- I'm having the most fun with the heroine. go figure. Just when you think you've got things all figured out, the whole process does a big ol' twist on ya.

Theresa

Joan Swan 1:15 PM  

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one!

I really need to do something to get in touch with the heroine of my wip. Maybe I'll chat with her on my drive north today.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP