Issues...

>> Monday, September 14, 2009

I suppose everyone has them in one form or another. I have lots of them. My question is...if I know what my issues are, and I know how to fix them, why don't I? Why do I continue to use them as a crutch?

A few days ago I wrote about procrastination. Yes, I know I do it. In fact, at the risk of sounding cocky, I'm damn good at it.

What have I been doing with my evenings after my long, strenuous days at work when I should be writing? I've been optimizing my photos and submitting them to stock photography websites.

Why, why, why do I do this when I know I need to be writing? Is it because I really don't like writing? Is it because I don't like this manuscript? Is it because I don't want to face the hardship of untying the tedious knots in this work?

I don't know. What I do know is that it's much easier to come home after a long day and do something mindless, like upload photos to the web than dig into my tortured hero's screwed up head and try to straighten the idiot out.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

But...I have put my stock photography junk to rest and will open my wip to at least look at it and see if I can unravel even a tiny knot -- the first step in detangling the bigger ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP