Can't Write Worth Shit

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

I wish our brain came with a defragmenter, like our computer hard drives.

With everything going on around me--both writing and non-writing related, my mind is all over the place. And, boy, does that mess with my writing.

I know everyone suffers from distractions, as my CP, Elisabeth Naughton, can currently attest to. Lately, mine have been ramping up, and between the writing related stresses and the home stresses, not to mention the holidays and work, I swear my gray matter is pinging around beneath my skull like a game of computer pong.

How I miss the days, not so long ago, when I could immerse myself in my characters, daydream about their lives, their loves, their goals, their troubles. It's so much easier to deal with someone elses troubles, isn't it? And even easier when you dole these troubles out to fictitious characters knowing how you'll remedy them in the end. (At least vaguely.)

Yes, real life really does intrude on a writer's life sometimes. But I guess I'm going to have to figure out a way to write through it, because I don't have any plans on giving up writing and real life will always be there. Every minute of every day.

Sometimes I get so caught up in my characters, I have to remind myself that's a good thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP