Inspiration

>> Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm revising at the moment...hence the related quotes. (Edie, Linda...I know you're revising, too. How's it going? Hope these touch your funny bone. Anyone else revising?)


Books aren't written -- they're rewritten. Including your own. It is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn't quite done it.
~ Michael Crichton

The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

Rewriting is like scrubbing the basement floor with a toothbrush.
~ Pete Murphy

1 comments:

Elisa 3:49 PM  

Great quotes, Joan. I just finished some very painful revisions. LOL Now I'm taking the day off to recharge. Extensive revising always takes a lot out of me, especially if I think of the story as finished.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP