A Funny Thing Happened On My Journey To A New Author Photo...

>> Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Many of you will remember that back in December, my laptop was stolen along with all my writing. And I mean ALL my writing. About 9 full manuscripts and a ton of other peripheral writing. No, I don't back up.

If you don't know the story, you can read it here: Starting From Scratch.

Anyway, I've been messing around with the camera, trying to get a decent updated author photo -- an ordeal, I assure you.

Now that I've picked up a new version of Photoshop, I decided to see what I could do with some of the shots I took of myself in the oh-so-professional format of holding my point and shoot arms length away and snapping pics. (Big L on forehead)

I popped my photo disc into my computer and what popped up? Yes, the photos were there, but more importantly, more shockingly...ALL my old files. Okay, well, 99% of my old files.

At some point, I obviously downloaded my files onto this camera disc for some reason. I don't remember why. I don't remember doing it. But there they are. Everything in tact. The only thing missing was the first 6 chapters of my WIP, which I've already rewritten. Even the first 10 chapters I wrote and then had to abandon b/c it didn't work with the new paranormal twist was there.

OH. MY. GOD. Miracles do happen. :-)

1 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton 7:07 PM  

WOW. That is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP